5 Frame Games

My new Math Activity Pack includes 5 games/activities for learning with five frames. 

The goal is to have your students master recognition of the arrangements so they get maximum benefit when working with five and ten frames later. 

5 frame activities

The games in this packet all focus on just that! I wanted to make a sometimes-very-dry topic (that we often leave to a flashcard drill) super-motivating, so I designed some fun ways for students to work with a five frame. 

Five Frame Buses will encourage your students to identify five frame pattern arrangements that are exactly the same. Each time they see a card, and determine if it is a match, they are getting practice in five frame identification. They won't even know they are doing hard work!

numbers in kindergarten

In 5 Frame Caterpillars, they will match each caterpillar to a numeral.

numbers to 5

In Gator Match, students will find 5 frames (shaped like an alligator) that match in value.

number arrangments

5 Street will have your students identifying and re-creating five frame arrangements on a street of houses!

math pack

Happy Frames is like a bingo game, but has the added step of getting students to re-create the patterns by pacing counters over the five frame patterns to check them off their card.

hands on math

When I prep my small group math games and activities, I put them in clear plastic document wallets with the cover page at the front. I am reminded at a glance what my activities entail and can get organized quickly:




This is the fourth unit in my series of activity bundles especially designed to boost your teaching program. Fit them in with whatever program you use at any time of year!

Find all my Math Packs here